Friday, July 17, 2009

Quotes by charless

“ A man who could build a church, as one may say, by squinting at a sheet of paper. ”

“ Accidents will occur in the best regulated families. ”

“ I do not know the American gentleman, god forgive me for putting two such words together. ”

“ Minds, like bodies, will often fall into a pimpled, ill-conditioned state from mere excess of comfort. ”

“ No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ”

“ Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. ”

“ Subdue your appetites, my dears, and you've conquered human nature. ”

“ Train up a fig tree in the way it should go, and when you are old sit under the shade of it”

“ With affection beaming out of one eye, and calculation shining out of the other. ”

“ It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.
A Tale of Two Cities. "

No comments: